Welcome to Fang's Homepage!
I graduated with my Ph.D. degree in the Department of Electrical Engineering at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in Dec. 2012. My advisor is Prof. Lei He. Before coming to UCLA, I studied computer science in Tsinghua University (Beijing, China), where I obtained my Master degrees in 2008. Further back in the day, I obtained my Bachelor degree from Computer Science Department at Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Beijing, China) in 2005.
Other researche topics:Awards and Honors
- Theoretical foundation of probabilistic modeling and statistical analysis
- Pervasive computing for mobile health
- Cyber-physical security and mobile security
- Variation-aware design automation of VLSI circuit and system
- High-performance and energy-efficient computing
Research topics in EDA/CAD:
- Variability-aware stochastic modeling and analysis for analogue/mixed-signal/RF/interconnect circuits
- Statistical design and verification methodology for memory circuits
- Rare event estimation, high-sigma Monte Carlo analysis
Other researche topics:
- Mobile Security
- Wireless HealthCare
- Human Computer Interface (HCI) system design
- Image processing
- Awarded “IBM Ph.D. fellowship” of IBM, New York, 2012.
- Awarded “Graduate Researcher Travel Grant” of CANDE workshop, San Jose, 2011.
- Awarded “SIGDA Ph.D. Forum Travel Grant” of Design Automation Conference, San Diego, 2011.
- Awarded “UCLA Travel Grant” of Electrical Engineering Department, UCLA, 2011.
- Awarded “Young Student Support Program - 46th DAC” for 46th Design Automation Conference, 2009.
- Awarded “UCLA Electrical Engineering Department Fellowship”, UCLA, Fall 2008- Spring 2009.
- Awarded “Guang-Hua Graduate Fellowship” of Tsinghua University, 2008.
- Awarded “Tsinghua University Graduate Fellowship” of Tsinghua University, 2005-2008.
- Awarded “Second Place Scholarship” of Beihang University, 2004.